Welcome to the Datanyx Community!

Get Help, Learn Best Practices, Network With Other Datanyx Users
How can I utilize m...

Notifications
Clear all

How can I utilize migration plan, and what objectives does it serve?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Abhishek
(@abhishek)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a requirement to migrate RPTs of multiple reports simultaneously. This would significantly expedite the process and improve efficiency. How can I effectively utilize the functionality that allows me to migrate these selected sections from various reports all at once? What steps do I need to take to ensure a smooth and accurate migration process?

Topic Tags
ankit.pradhan
(@ankit-pradhan)
Eminent Member

Step 1: On the Main Navigation Bar, Click the Migration icon. (Refer to the image below).  

1693304594-mignav.png

Step 2: In the “Migration” section, the user is presented with two options: 

1. Migration Plan: Migration plans are accessible to all admin users that belong to the same environment. It can be downloaded as a Datanyx file if need be. A new plan can be created in addition to the comprehensive list of plans that have been previously created by the users within the organization. 
  2. Migration: Users can import any migration plan from other accounts/ environments or local migration folder by clicking on the import icon at the bottom right of the screen. The user is also able to check the status of their import. 

Step 3: To create a new migration plan, click on the add icon located in the bottom right of the screen.

Step 4: A pop-up appears wherein the user can create a migration plan. (Refer to the image below)

1693304670-create-mig-plan.png

Step 5: Enter the title and description of the migration plan. Click on the next button.  

Step 6: Now, the user can select the Report(s) that needs to be migrated. Through the search bar, the user has the option to locate the desired report and select it using the checkbox.  

Step 7: Click on the next button once the Report(s) have been selected. (Refer to the image below). 

1693304735-migreports.png

Step 8: The user can select the Custom Script(s) that needs to be migrated into their migration plan. Through the search bar, the user has the option to locate the desired custom script and select it using the checkbox. 

Step 9: Click on the next button once the Custom Script(s) have been selected. (Refer to the image below).

1693304787-migcustom.png

ReplyQuote
ankit.pradhan
(@ankit-pradhan)
Eminent Member

Step 10: The user can now select the Data Model(s) that need to be migrated. Using the search bar, the user has the option to locate the desired report and select it by clicking on the checkbox. 

Step 11: Click on the next button once the Data Model(s) have been selected. (Refer to the image below).

1693305386-mig-datamodel.png

Step 12: The user can select the Workflow(s) that needs to be migrated into their migration plan. Through the search bar, the user has the option to locate the desired workflow and select it using the checkbox.  

Step 13: Click on the next button once the Workflow(s) have been selected. (Refer to the image below). 

1693305420-mig-workflow.png
Step 14: The user can now see the Preview wherein the details of the selected Report(s), Custom Script(s), Data Model(s) and Workflow(s) have been listed. (Refer to the image below).
1693305452-migpreview.png

Step 15: Click on the Submit button once the desired artifacts have been chosen. The user can click on the previous button to go to the previous screen.  

Step 16: The Migration Plan is available in the list wherein the user can download it. (Refer to the image below). 

1693305507-miglist.png

Note: It is not mandatory to select an artifact under each migration window.  

ReplyQuote
Share: